15 Principles to Knowing the Will of God in the Moment
Ephesians 5:14-18 “Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is. And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;”
Success is fulfilling the will of God for your life. The will of God is a present moment in time. Success is a continuing decision to do the will of God in the moment for today. Without wisdom you cannot do the will of God in the moment. Seek wisdom in God’s Word and through His Spirit intuitive leading to do God’s will. Do this in every day minutes that God gives you and you will fulfill the “will of God” for your day. Do that everyday and you will fulfil the will of God for your life. The choice to do the will of God is a decision in every moment of every day. Success is having many yielded moments to the will of God.
- Are you right now walking in fellowship with God? If you are not in fellowship with God, you are walking in darkness. The will of God is revealed in the light. If you’re in darkness the will of God confess your sins and repent and to walk in the light. Eph 5:8 “For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light”
- Are you right now filled with the Spirit and His leading? Is there anything in your life that is restricting the control of the Spirit? Does God have all of you? The Holy Spirit is like water iot flows where it is not restricted and it fills the lowest place. Eph 5:9 For the fruit of the Spirit is all goodness and righteousness” Eph 5:18 “Be not drunk with wine wherein is excess, but be filled with the Spirit.”
- Are you obligated by duty to be doing something at the present time? Do your duty. Often times we make decisions that are out of the will of God because we neglect our duty to the revealed will of God. An undone task in the will of God left undone is out of the will of God. Eph 5:10 “Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.” John 9:4 “I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night comes, when no man can work.”
- Are you right now humble? Humility is not thinking less of yourself, but not thinking of yourself at all. The will of God is often in proportion to our willingness to serve others to the neglect of our own comfort. I Peter 5:6 Humble yoursleves therefore under the mighty hand of God that he may exalt you in due time:”
- Are you violating any of God’s commands? The will of God never contradicts His holy commands. Two wrong never make a right. Sin is always out of God’s will. Sinful means do not justify the end in the will of God. II Peter 3;11 “Seeing then that all things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness.”
- Are you communicating love. The greatest end of our faith is the expression of our love in acts of obedience and service toward God and toward others. Does it pass the love test–do unto others as you would have them do unto you. “And the Lord make you to increase in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you.”
- Is there a sense of urgency to do the work? Do not put off for tomorrow what can be done today. Apathy, laziness, and slothfulness is never in the will of God. Attitude matters in the will of God. I Samu 21:8 “The King’s business requireth haste.”
- Are you doing it with excellence? Excellence takes extra care and caution. It may take more time and work. it may require more preparation and learning. Ecc 9:10 “Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.
- Are you exercising faith to accomplish it? Do not rely on the arm of the flesh. God-dependence is always the will of God. Rom 14:23 “And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.”
- Is it a wise thing to do? There is much to do, but not all can be done now. Only wisdom can sort the right priority of the to-do-list . Eph 5:17 “Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the lord is.”
- Does it have lasting eternal significance? Will this make a difference in eternity? If not why make a fuss over it? Eph 5:16 “Redeeming the time for the days are evil.”
- Have you prayed about it? The best advise if get is always in conversation. make much of conversation with God and He will advise you in what to do. I Thess 5:17 “Pray without ceasing”
- Are you in submission to others as unto Christ? If your going agianst the “submission principle” the likelihood that your doing your own thing and not the will of God is highly likely. God’s will is submission to authority. Eph 6:6-7 “Not with eye-service, as men pleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God form the heart, as unto Christ
- Don’t undue in doubt what you made in faith. Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.” Many times decision are made in the moment because of a lack of faith. Doubt is the destroyer of the will of God.
- Have the peace of God that passeth all understanding. Sometimes there is peace in a decision you make but others times there may be no peace that follows. Peace that passeth understanding is submitting your request to God’ and leaving the outcome to Him. Now that is a peaceful place to leave the will of God. Phil 4:6-7 “Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.